Injectable fillers may be used to fill fine lines and wrinkles, enlarge lips,
improve the appearance of a scar, and create more facial fullness.
They offer a non-invasive, economical option for people looking for a
smoother, younger-looking appearance. Dr. Mendelsohn offers a wide range
of filler options to best meet your needs. These include Restylane®,
Perlane®, Juvederm®, Evolence®, Elevess®, and Sculptra®.
Addresses the following concerns
- Deep furrows or creases in the lines that run from the nose to
- Wrinkles in-between or at the sides of the eyes.
- Creases on the forehead.
- Lines around the lips.
- Desire for more fullness of the lips.
- Hollowness under the eyes.
- Indentions in the skin created by a scar.
- Lack of fullness of the face.
- Dr. Mendelsohn
will choose the filler or fillers best suited for your
- Fillers are injected under the skin to treat the areas of concern.
- Treatment takes a matter of minutes, depending upon how many areas are
- For many areas of the face, the injections are well tolerated with no
anesthetic. A topical anesthetic may be used to increase comfort level,
and, in the case of treating the lips, a dental block is often used to
make the treatment more comfortable.
- Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce
- You may experience some redness, tenderness, firmness, swelling, or
bruising at the injection site. These side effects tend to be mild to
moderate, and subside within a week after treatment.
- Avoid touching the treated area for six hours after treatment.
- Avoid intense heat, such as that from a sun lamp or sun bathing,
until there is no more redness or swelling.
- Avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications,
St. John’s Wort, and high doses of Vitamin E supplements for a week
after being treated to minimize the chance of bruising.
- You may resume most normal activities immediately after treatment.
- Immediate results that only improves over the week after treatment.
- Natural-looking, softened, more youthful appearance.