Addresses the following concerns
- Desire to lessen the appearance of a scar.
- Desire for an overall smoother, flatter looking,
less irregular looking skin surface.
- Desire for more even skin color and tone.
Treatment Options - depending upon
the type of scar and the patient’s expectations, Dr.
Mendelsohn can offer a variety of different treatments.
Chemical Peels, surgical and laser options are
outpatient, and performed in our
surgery center. Recovery times vary from little to none
to about a week, depending upon the type of procedure
- Topical treatments such as silicone gel pads,
retin-a, or hydroquinone.
- Injections of steroids into the scar tissue.
- Laser treatment such as Intense Pulse Light or
- Chemical peel, which removes the upper layers of
skin and the scars contained therein.
- Surgical options such as simple excisions, shaving
lesions, surgical revisions, punch excisions, punch
and suture, punch and elevation, punch float, punch
and graft, z-plastys or other surgical procedures.
- Hyaluronic Acid fillers injected into depressions
under the skin.
- Smoother, more even skin surface.
- More confidence in your appearance.
(Click an image to make it larger)